We’ll promptly direct one of our well-trained professionals to your home. Every one of our friendly pros are completely licensed and insured to do repairs on any brand of heat pump. They’ve also finished rigorous training to meet your indoor comfort needs through superb heat pump repair and heat pump replacement.
As your local whole-home heat pump service company, it’s our purpose to deliver outstanding heat pump repair for all makes and models. We’ll give you a well-defined estimate before we start any repair work. And we’ll back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* Your full satisfaction is very important to us. If you’re not wholly satisfied with our repair service, you can trust us to make it right.
We’re around 24/7 to help with all your comfort needs. And you can trust our knowledgeable techs to get your home comfortable again fast.
Call our experts at (407) 917-1800 or contact us online to schedule your heat pump repair appointment now.
5 Indications You Need Heat Pump Repair Service
Our team is dedicated to supporting you with the best customer service. Which is why we are sharing some tips with you about making the most of heat pump repair service.
You’ll have an improved understanding of how to recognize symptoms that point to common problems with heat pumps. We’ll also fill you in on the normal causes for these malfunctions and what you can do to avoid them from taking place again.
Your heat pump is one of the most critical parts of any HVAC system. It runs diligently during the year to provide both heating and cooling for your indoor space. Because your heat pump operates throughout the year, it’s at greater risk of wear and tear. Worried your heat pump isn’t working properly? These indicators can establish if you need our professional help.
- Weak or unpredictable heating and cooling. Most models of heat pumps rely on forced air to heat and cool your home. If you aren’t achieving comfort levels even after your heat pump has been working for a while, call Southern HVAC at (407) 917-1800 to arrange heat pump service.
- Your heat pump is loud. Your heat pump will cause some noise even when it’s in working properly. But if that noise is louder than normal or uncommon, it could indicate that something is incorrect with the equipment. Listen to the sound and call (407) 917-1800 for a heat pump inspection to ensure proper operation.
- Ongoing starting and stopping. A well-maintained heat pump shouldn’t be turning off and on too frequently. This problem is also referred to as short-cycling and can create increased wear and tear over time.
- Heat pump frozen or not turning on. If you notice the heat pump is humming but the fan is not moving, or does not seem to run at all, it could signal a minor electrical or small part failure, or it may be a more serious safety issue. Call (407) 917-1800 to have the entire system assessed immediately. We do not advise troubleshooting problems due to the risk of electric shock or potential further damage.
- Utility bill is steadily increasing. A heat pump provides energy-efficient heating and cooling. If you haven’t adjusted your thermostat but energy bills are starting to climb, don’t wait to call for heat pump service to ensure the system is working as efficiently as possible.
5 Reasons Why You May Need Heat Pump Repair
Once you’ve recognized that there’s an issue, the next step is to look at potential reasons. Unfortunately, there are a variety of reasons why your heat pump is not working correctly. At Southern HVAC, our technicians specialize in finding the origin of the problem as quick as possible to save you time and money.
Here are some reasons why your heat pump isn’t working properly.
- There’s a problem with the thermostat. A thermostat is the brain of your HVAC system, directing your heat pump to regulate your home to the desired temperature. If it’s not working right, your heat pump won’t either. Take a look to ensure the thermostat settings are accurate, and check or replace the batteries. If these checks don’t fix the problem, call Southern HVAC at (407) 917-1800 for assistance.
- A critical component has broken or failed. Like a vehicle’s engine, there are several electrical and moving parts in your home’s engine. If a component breaks down or fails, your heat pump may struggle to work normally or even at all. And just like a car, routine heat pump tune-ups can help stop a failure by recognizing minor issues before they become major problems.
- Lack of proper maintenance. To keep your heat pump in optimal condition and the warranty valid, you should have heat pump maintenance performed annually. During this service, Southern HVAC will examine, lubricate and clean the components. A smoothly running heat pump could equal lower energy bills and could even boost your heat pump’s overall life span. We offer a Complete Comfort Club that keeps up with ongoing maintenance service. You’ll receive annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling system, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is dirty or clogged. Not unlike any other type of HVAC system, your heat pump has an air filter to prevent dust and other pollutants from moving to the internal parts of the system and moving into your indoor air. If you don’t update the filter regularly it can easily get clogged. A dirty air filter causes the heat pump to work harder to offer the same amount of heating or cooling, which can impact your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But while they age, the more inclined they are to having to need repairs. If yours is aging, it could be time to consider shopping for a new one.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Repair Today with Southern HVAC
Southern HVAC stands apart from other HVAC companies because we start our process with a free estimate and support our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* You can count on us to provide prompt, friendly service when hands-on expertise is needed.
Give us a call at (407) 917-1800 or contact us online to arrange an appointment today.
*Southern HVAC guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Southern HVAC. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Southern HVAC technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Southern HVAC of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.