Benefits of Furnace Replacement
You may be inclined to keep your worn-down furnace for as long as feasible. But even the top HVAC contractor can only do so much through furnace maintenance and repairs. The last thing you want to deal with is a malfunctioning furnace in the midst of winter.
As a result of advances in technology, there are countless benefits from selecting furnace replacement instead. Here are just a few of them:
- Higher energy efficiency. A lot of upgraded furnaces deliver a considerably higher efficiency rating in contrast with older models. You’ll want to identify the annual furnace utilization efficiency rating, or AFUE. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the furnace is at converting energy into heat. A higher AFUE furnace may even help reduce your utility bills without compromising comfort. The most efficient furnaces are ENERGY STAR certified, which means they meet or excel tight federal criteria for energy efficiency.
- Silent, consistent performance. An ear-splitting, clunky furnace is a thing of the past. We provide furnaces that have variable-speed blowers, a attribute that alters how much heat your furnace creates and puts out. Variable speed can help you use reduced energy while improving your home’s comfort level.
- Greater direct control. With the option to join a smart thermostat with your upgraded furnace, you’ll enjoy added features and settings that initiate home comfort rapid and effortless. Environmentally friendly programming, to illustate, could help you balance comfort with less energy usage.
For even more benefits, ask one of our technicians about the Complete Comfort Club. This service covers regular inspections for your HVAC equipment, along with priority service and special promotions.
Is it Better to Repair or Replace My Furnace?
It’s not necessary to be an HVAC technician to see when getting an updated furnace is better than repairing your old one. There are numerous clues to watch for and recognizing any of them fast could save you from severe malfunctions. It may also make the transition into a replacement furnace much easier. Pay attention for any of the following:
- Your furnace’s age. Even with appropriate maintenance, most home furnace systems don’t make it more than 20 years. So just in case, it’s a wise idea to consider replacing your furnace when it exceeds the 15-year mark.
- The recurrence and cost of repairs. With good care, you shouldn’t warrant furnace repair a lot. As your furnace matures, it may seem like you’re scheduling service calls more frequently. We suggest replacing your furnace when repairs are over half the amount of a new system.
- You’re getting a new air conditioner. If you’re upgrading your air conditioner, installing a new furnace can elevate its efficiency.
What Should I Search for in a New Furnace?
The number of options may be fairly overwhelming in the beginning. But we’re always happy to help you in figuring out which brand or type of furnace will be right for your needs and budget. Talk with one of our professionals for any information you require. In the meantime, take a minute to review a couple of important contrasts with furnace models.
- Type of furnace. Subject to the model, furnaces can use an alternate fuel source to produce heat. There are electric furnaces, which are favored in hotter climates. Gas furnaces are energy efficient to use. And oil furnaces are a substitute when natural gas isn’t readily attainable. Our pros will help you decide what’s right for your household.
- The best features and options. We’ll help you in deciding the furnace that’s the correct size for your household. Exceeding that, there are many features for you to choose from, such as variable-speed heating and smart thermostat compatibility. Our pros will also go over the options with you to help you with making the right choice.
Ultimately, you should always seek out a honest company like Southern HVAC for prompt, reliable installation. We can help make any step of the process streamlined and easy to understand. You’ll spend limited time concerned about identifying the appropriate choice. And with our financing and routine maintenance offers, you’ll have that tranquility for years to come.
Heat and cool your household the best way with the expert HVAC pros at Southern HVAC. If you’d like to schedule an appointment or consultation, give us a call at (407) 917-1800 or contact us online today to get started.
*Southern HVAC guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Southern HVAC. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Southern HVAC technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Southern HVAC of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.