Having a skilled plumber do your water heater installation offers lots of pluses. From a free estimate to supporting our service with a 100% satisfaction guarantee,* you’re in good hands when you call Southern HVAC.
When to Buy a New Water Heater
It’s important to look for signs that you need to get a new water heater before a leak happens. Otherwise, you could find yourself dealing with a pricey water leak or chilly showers.
Many houses rely on standard tank-style water heaters. Tank water heaters hold on to and constantly heat a big amount of water. Here are four signals that you may need hot water heater replacement:
- Your water heater is over 10 years old. The majority of gas and electric water heaters work for around 12 years. Even if your present water heater is heating fine, you may want to consider installing a new one, even more so if it hasn’t been properly serviced every year.
- You don’t have enough hot water. This is the top sign that you need a new water heater. As a water heater ages, it gets harder to efficiently heat and offer hot water. This goes for both electric and gas water heaters.
- Your water heater is making a loud noise. Sediment builds up in a water heater as time goes on, which can cause banging noises as that sediment calcifies. When this happens, the best remedy is a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is dripping. Leaks can occur as seals and joints get bigger and get smaller over the years. Valves may also become damaged. These ordinary issues can be discovered and fixed with annual tune-ups; however, you will later need to install a new water heater.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heater Installation
You have a range of choices relating to hot water heater installation, which includes gas water heaters and electric water heaters. Plus, you can choose between a standard tank water heater or a tankless water heater. There are pros and cons to both models; however, a tankless water heater installation offers many good advantages. Here’s just a couple of them:
- Limitless hot water. Tank water heaters hold on to and continuously heat water. But when the tank is adding more water or reheating, you’ll have to wait a few minutes for hot water. Tankless water heaters can offer a continuous stream of hot water.
- Enhanced energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters are typically approximately 35% more energy efficient than tank water heaters, depending on your family’s needs. This is since they heat water on demand instead of keeping it.
- Small. Tankless water heaters don’t have to have a lot of space. They can be installed in a less obvious place on an interior or exterior wall, or even below a sink.
- Lower danger of flooding. Tankless water heaters don’t retain water, so they’re less likely to have a disastrous leak like a tank water heater.
Once you’ve made a decision for hot water heater replacement, you won’t have to think about maintenance. Our Complete Comfort Club is a headache-free maintenance program that also covers required routine maintenance for your heating and cooling system, in addition to a whole-home plumbing inspection each year. As a valued member, you’ll also get special repair discounts and priority appointments. When you have to have water heater repair, we’re available 24/7 to take your call.
Want to hear more about if a tankless water heater is right for your residence? Get in touch with our water heater pros at (407) 917-1800 to request your free estimate right away.
*Southern HVAC guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Southern HVAC. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Southern HVAC technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Southern HVAC of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.