Enhance Efficient Comfort with a Ductless Mini-Split in FL, NC and TX
If you’re searching for an efficient way to enhance the comfort in your home, look no further than a ductless mini-split in FL, NC and TX. Homeowners are starting to see the benefits of these highly efficient air conditioning systems, like how they are similar to central air systems, yet require no air ducts to heat and cool your household.
To conserve both time and budget, give Southern HVAC a call at (407) 917-1800 today to request a free, no-obligation estimate for a ductless mini-split air conditioning system.
Give Southern HVAC the chance to show you how we’re the leading name in home comfort. We’re proud to extend unbeaten customer service and industry expertise, bringing you the products and services you need to keep your air conditioning system functioning at its best. Also, we back all our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
What is a Mini-Split Ductless System?
Ductless mini-split air conditioners, also referred to as a split system, multi-split system or split-ductless system, differ from regular cooling systems in several ways. Unlike central air, multi-split systems can be located about your home to provide room-by-room air conditioning, giving you absolute control and flexibility over the temperature of every single room.
Because they don’t require ductwork, a mini-split AC can cool or heat a room’s air with up to 25% less energy, making them fitting for many households, especially rooms with temperature-sensitive possessions or equipment, garage conversions, older homes and modern homes where the most energy efficiency and space is desired. With a noiseless, tight design made to enhance energy efficiency, they’re also just as effective and easy to use as traditional air conditioning systems.
Additional models are also a mini-split heat pump. Meaning they can provide heat and air conditioning like regular heat pumps, keeping you comfortable always.
At Southern HVAC, we’re proud to partner with Lennox®, the leading name in home comfort. Lennox makes some of the quietest and most energy-efficient home comfort equipment on the market.
Are Mini-Splits Better Than Standard Air Conditioning Systems?
You may be questioning why a ductless mini-split system would be more useful than a traditional air conditioning system. Mini-split systems are just an additional option of central air conditioning system, but have a number of their own unique benefits:
- Mini-splits offer zoned comfort. Mini-splits construct a zoned system, giving you the opportunity to set alternate temperatures for each room. This makes them more efficient for cooling spaces being full more of the time, rather than using central air to cool your total house. Also, energy-saving programs can be used to keep active hours limited to when you most require them, which could result in significant savings from your regular cooling costs.
- Mini-splits can alleviate an existing HVAC system. Mini-split air conditioners are a great possibility if you’re only searching to supplement your HVAC system as opposed to replacing it entirely. This is a smart choice when hot and cold spots are a problem in dated or two-story homes, when converting garage or attic space to a living area, and when constructing an addition. A mini-split system can ordinarily be installed into your home with very little problems.
- Mini-splits are great for rooms lacking ductwork, like additions or garages. A mini-split air conditioning system is best for any additions or renovations to your house that don’t encompass ductwork. You can ordinarily utilize them in garages, sunrooms, attics, sheds and more.
- Mini-splits are effortless to install. Because they’re not tied to a central system, air conditioning installation is usually painless with mini-split air systems. With the help of one of our certified HVAC experts, you can often have a mini-split air conditioner installed in under a day. There’s lesser interruption given that we only require to drill a hole through the wall to join your ductless mini-split AC unit with the outdoor system. This makes them more integrated and stable than window or portable AC options.
- Mini-split ACs are uncomplicated to control. If you’re worried that a ductless mini-split system will be more difficult to use than a traditional air conditioning system, we’re happy to put those uncertainties out. Even if you have multiple units throughout your residence, there are an assortment of settings that make finding the correct temperature effortless, including programmable temperature, motion and mobile controls.
- Mini-splits are incredibly noiseless. Even though the equipment is in the same space as you, ductless mini-split systems are often quieter than air ducting from a central AC system. This is due to a traditional air conditioner needing much added energy to circulate the air around the whole house, with additional wind or mechanical clatter being an unfortunate byproduct. Mini-split systems are intended to be elusive and can function as soundless as a whisper. If you have a hard time sleeping or have very close neighbors, a ductless air conditioner is a great choice.
- Mini-split systems provide great air filtration. These systems are able to filter airborne contaminants just as well as a standard air conditioner. Mini-split AC systems are able to also come with an electrically charged air filter to capture dust, dander and more.
- Mini-splits are exceptionally energy efficient. A mini-split air conditioner is just as able to be energy efficient as a standard system. In most cases, it could even be more efficient. This is notably true because they don’t posses ductwork that can seep out air. If you only need colder temperatures in certain parts of your home, a mini-split system can ensure you’re only employing the power you demand where you need it. A standard central air conditioning system can use up to 25% more power to achieve the equivalent level of comfort. Additionally, most mini-splits are ENERGY STAR® rated for their excellent energy efficiency.
- Mini-splits could last longer than a central air conditioner. Central air conditioners typically may live up to 15 years. With proper maintenance, a mini-split air conditioner could last up to 20 years or more. With the right air conditioning maintenance, you can cause any AC system to live for a long time. A ductless system is no less successful, and we’re more than happy to supply you with the very best maintenance and any needed air conditioning repair.